Underdog Fantasy Thanksgiving Slate
This year Fantasy Football Calculator is featuring an article dedicated to Underdog Fantasy to help make Turkey Day that much more fun!
What is Underdog Fantasy?
If you haven't played at Underdog Fantasy, you're missing out. I can honestly say this is one of the best sites that have come into my life in a long time. Unlike DraftKings or Fanduel where you have to play in massive contests against hundreds of thousands of people, Underdog creates weekly drafts and tournaments of all sizes.
The best part is it's not a budget game where you have to pick players based on salary, it's a draft!
Are you saying I can do Fantasy Football Drafts in November?! - Yes I am!!
Underdog Fantasy is the best and easiest way to play fantasy sports; with an emphasis on Best Ball leagues and is wildly popular in the daily fantasy space. Underdog Fantasy has drafts available in every major sport, including NFL, NBA, MLB, and NHL, ranging from three-team serpentine drafts up to 12-team drafts. From confined leagues to mass-filled tournaments, UnderDog Fantasy offers it all for the Best Ball community with various price options to boot. UnderDog Fantasy also expanded into the prop market and unveiled their Pick’em options for NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MMA, Golf, Boxing, Esports, and more focused on statistical categories and contests.
There are so many games within every slate, ranging from entry fees of $3 to $10. But for this article, I'm going to go with the ThanksgivingxFriday slate as that includes all the games on Thursday & Friday.
- Entry Fee: $10
- Scoring: 0.5 PPR
- Draft Size: 6
- Time: 30 second clock
- Starting Roster: QB, RB, 2WR, TE, Flex
- The tournament closes 9 am Thursday.
- $5000 first place
- $2500 second place
- $1250 third place
- The top 750 teams see prizes
My Draft Results
I did four drafts and picked the best one for this article, which happened to be the 4th draft. I do have some advice for those looking to take part in this Underdog Fantasy Thanksgiving slate. My thoughts below:
- Wide Receiver Is A Must Early - I had one draft where I had the first pick and took CMC, by the time the draft got back to me there was little to choose from in terms of pass catchers. Remember you have to start 2 WRs, with the option of 3 with the flex. So my advice is to take a WR early, preferably in the first round.
- QB Depth is Strong - I took Goff in the 4th round as I really wanted him to stack with Amon-Ra St. Brown and LaPorta, but I could have easily waited. Unless you have the potential of a stack, I would wait on QB. Jordan Love with your last pick isn't that bad.
- Injured RBs Everywhere - This is a short week so nobody really looks that great to me outside of CMC. I went with Mostert but almost picked Pollard or Breece Hall. My concern with Pollard is they may split his carries with Dowdle. Same with Breece Hall and Davlin Cook. On top of that, how often will Breece Hall touches if the Dolphins get up big in the second half? Mostert got 22 carries last week and had a couple of targets. The Dolphins just had a bye week (week 10), so I'm not too concerned about Mostert getting another heavy workload for the Friday game. But if you want to wait on RB, AJ Dillion could be your guy late as I grabbed him as my flex.
- Tight End Will Make or Break You - Unless Thanksgiving sees some weird TE performances, there is a big drop-off after (arguably) Jake Ferguson. I would try to get one of the top 3 TE's in the draft.
My Draft Advice (TLDR)
Recommended draft strategy
- Best Available
Sign up and Play Today!
Sign up today with Promo Code FFCALC and get your first deposit doubled up to $100!
Underdog Fantasy has so many games for all sports, I highly recommend it for anyone who is trailing in their fantasy league, sick of sportsbooks and DraftKings and Fanduel or just looking to add some more fun into their life.
Visit UnderdogFantasy dot com or find them in the app store and don’t forget to register with my Promo Code FFCALC to get your first deposit doubled up to $100
Filed under: Free Articles