Dynasty Fantasy Football Week in Review - Week 2

Rex Burkhead 5Db11B5D
Source: iconsportswire.com

Piercing the narrative A stock that can only be described as more volatile than AMC (investing joke!) we finally got our first look at how Pierce would be utilized in a true NFL game. Or we would have been able to see that if Houston had actually played him. But they decided not to do that, instead trusting the veteran Rex Burkhead, with Rex playing 71% of the snaps and Pierce playing the remaining 29%. Lovie Smith came out after the game saying that they needed to get Pierce the ball more, but it's pretty clear that they don't fully trust the rookie yet, and this will be much closer to a 50/50 split than a Pierce-led backfield for an extended time period. Pierce owners should still be bullish on the long-term prospects of him owning the backfield, but, not surprisingly, the hype was overblown coming into the season.

All-Access Only

Access the full article and all Dynasty and DFS content with an All-Access Membership.

Get it now!

Already a member? Log in here